SSM Kindergarten program recognizes that children will soon be entering schools that have a range of expectations on a child’s social and academic performance. Our comprehensive curriculum places a clear emphasis on continual development of strong language, reading and writing abilities, and math skills essential for on-going success in school and life. Hence with paramount importance SSM Kindergarten is designed creatively, elegantly finished and equipped and provided with ample facilities for work, play and recreation.
Outfitted by a team of trained, competent, dedicated and enthusiastic teachers, the developmental and educational needs of the children are met through a child-cantered and activity oriented programme that provides ample opportunity for investigational learning. The aim is to import pre-learning skills while allowing the child the unconstrained freedom of homely ambiance, to develop at his or her own pace. The school really is an extension of their homes as far as the tiny toddlers are concerned.
Overview of Kindergarten Learning
- The kindergarten language section contains numerous learning activities, as well as worksheets and teaching materials that are primarily based on verbal comprehension, reading fluency, vocabulary building, phonics, and following instructions.
- The math curriculum contains a number of math lessons, quizzes, teaching materials and chapter tests. They are introduced to instil basic concepts of patterns and categories, spatial sence,number systems,operations,geometry,measurement and probability through game-like activities
- The Interactive Board teaching classes motivate the kids to love the funny sound effects and quirkily cartoon characters.Animated, interactive lessons feel more like video games then learning exercises. Plus, the student-paced nature of the program teaches them how to work independently, giving them a sense of ownership over their progress, which a great motivator
- As children grow their ability to engage in complex projects increases, paving the way for vibrant, creative, and expressive artistic endeavors.Our kindergarten teachers engage children in authentic art activities that not only develop an appreciation for the arts but also enhance development in academic.
- Our kindergarten programs offer children opportunities to learn about social studies,geography, and civics while fostering the development of their emotional intelligence,citizenship and social skills.
- Physical health and development are as critical to a child’s learning ability as any other area of development. Child nutrition,fitness and health are emphasized in child cantered kindergarten classrooms. Our kindergarten teachers ensure that children are engaging in daily activities that advance their understanding of wellness, nutrition and safety.